To: Citizens of Grand Forks and East Grand Forks
In Re: Value system of Grand Forks and East Grand Forks – post Dru Sjodin
When the Grand Forks Herald featured the headline “$510,000 loan to EGF goes unpaid for 10 years” almost everyone was outraged as they began to learn the details about the ‘Boardwalk Enterprises’ scandal.
While an audit of East Grand Forks’ financial practices finally exposed this internal cabal’s practice of enriching themselves at your expense, you would be wise to never forget they had been quietly operating their corrupt organization for over a decade.
Operating a corrupt organization for over ten years does not happen by accident and requires careful coordination from its participants to protect itself from exposure. As I pointed out in a prior article, the movements of Karl Lindquist are worth examining closely. For one single person to move around within one city’s government, and operate as a media agent taboot, is a case-study in corruption 101, and shows how the public is kept from learning that the leaders they trust are betraying them month after month – year after year.
The key to committing crimes and getting away with it is making sure there are no witnesses. And – if there are witnesses – you must have officials in position (e.g. Chief of Police, Mayor, Council Members, City Attorney, County Attorney, Public Defenders, etc.) to control the entire legal process from start to finish – so you can cover, hide, obfuscate, and conceal the activities of your cabal.
While the public outcry finally resulted in EGF City Attorney Ronald Galstad being replaced by an outside attorney, at least where it relates to the ‘Boardwalk’ issue, you will note he is still City Attorney, and he is the Vice Chair/Secretary on the 2014 Executive Committee of the Chamber of Commerce that represents both Grand Forks and East Grand Forks.
So – as you continue to read in the local news about your ‘trusted’ elected officials holding yet another closed session so discuss matters, and work things out, do not forget what you know; or what I am about to tell you.
I have already received numerous questions regarding my Letter of Intent to Sue, which I recently submitted to the City of East Grand Forks. While that is a matter I am not yet prepared to discuss in great detail, I believe the citizens and taxpayers and voters in the Greater Grand Forks area should be informed of some things.
Remember – a group like this operates quietly in the shadows and seeks to draw as little attention as possible to their activities – it is ‘scrutiny’ they avoid at all costs – they must cover, hide, obfuscate, and conceal.
So – the next question we all must ask ourselves in the collective consciousness of just exactly who we really are, and what we really stand for in Northern Minnesota and Eastern North Dakota – taking not lightly at all the name Dru Sjodin – I will share a very, very small segment of an extensive timeline with you.
EGFPD ASSISTS KIDNAPPING SUSPECTS IN FLORIDA KIDNAPPING CASE – TARGETS XXXXXXXXXXX PUBLISHING BUSINESS WHILE XXXXXXXXX IS ASSISTING THE FBI
- On 07/09/09 Art Harris (tabloid journalist for Nancy Grace) emailed Lt. Hajicek and asked him to consider “pressing charges” against [Timothy Holmseth].
- On 07/10/09 Art Harris emailed Lt. Hajicek and told him the FBI just visited his friend (Donna Wagoner – Florida) based upon information they received from [Timothy Holmseth] regarding a Photoshopped picture of the missing child HaLeigh Cummings.
- On 07/18/09 Art Harris sent a follow-up email to Lt. Hajicek and asked, “What did your did DA say?”
- On 07/20/09, Lt. Hajicek stated in Case Number 09002015 “I have printed all the emails from my computer and will have the (Polk) County Attorney’s (Greg Widseth) office review them to see if any other action can be taken”.
- SUMMARY: During June and July of 2009 the EGFPD is suddenly bombarded with a barrage of nuisance complaints from a handful of callers against [Timothy Holmseth], an award-winning journalist writing about a national profile missing child case involving an active Amber Alert. The callers are all associated with each other, and encouraging the EGFPD to take criminal legal action against [Timothy Holmseth] for things he is writing, although he is not committing any criminal acts. In July of 2009, the EGFPD and Polk County Attorney learn from one of the contacts that the FBI in Florida is acting on solid information they received from [Timothy Holmseth] regarding the kidnapped child. The information the FBI is following in Florida, leads directly to several of the individuals presently calling the EGFPD on [Timothy Holmseth]. Despite this – the EGFPD DOES NOT alert the FBI! – but rather – continues and intensifies its aggression against [Timothy Holmseth].
If HaLeigh Cummings was locked in a closet and being tortured the East Grand Forks Police Department didn’t give two figs – they had ‘Boardwalk Enterprises’ and other matters to worry about – they didn’t need any ‘scrutiny’.
In the spring of 2012, I went above the head of the useless token department heads, Chief Michael Hedlund, Sheriff Barb Erdman, and Polk County Attorney Greg Widseth, and reported the corruption to the Minneapolis FBI, U.S. Attorney’s Office, Minnesota Attorney General, 9th Minnesota District Judge, Minnesota Lawyer Board, and Minnesota State Auditor.
By the winter of 2012 the EGFPD and City Attorney Galstad had devised an illegal scheme to seize my investigative journalism work product and computer hard-drive by concocting a fake ‘Pine-to-Prairie-to-Drug-Force’ raid on my home office by pretending/suggesting/impersonating they were working with the Minnesota Department of Public Safety / Minnesota Bureau of Criminal Apprehension (BCA).
On December 14, 2014, they stormed my home-office wearing bullet proof vests and seized all of my property. They then placed BCA evidence stickers on the property. EGF City Attorney Galstad told District Judge Tamara Yon he was working with the BCA to have my computer forensically searched.
EGF City Attorney looked right into the eyes of District Judge Tamara Yon and lied about a (non-existent) relationship with the BCA) to buy time while the EGFPD illegal searched my hard-drive without a warrant. The EGFPD kept no ‘Chain of Evidence” nor “Record of Examination’ so they cannot tell me – you – or anybody else where that hard-drive was for 4-1/2 months!
I subsequently contacted the MDPS/BCA and their ranking officials said they knew nothing about the raid – they had no agents working up here – were never asked to examine my hard-drive – and did not authorize anybody to place stickers on my property.
In 2014 when the EDHA came under an audit, former director Jim Richter ordered Kim Nelson, a housing specialist, to shred a document they received from the U.S. Security Office regarding me.
Despite finding that Jim Richter told Kim Nelson to shred the federal document – EGF City Administrator David Murphy found the document had been shredded in “error”.
As you see – the nightmare that started for me in 2009 was still going strong in 2014.
People that do this kind of thing never change.
I sincerely hope everyone in the Grand Forks area will remember Dru Sjodin – and prayerfully ponder – what kind of police department and elected government officials would deliberately stay silent on a burning hot lead regarding a kidnapped little girl on an Amber Alert child – just to rig loans?
Timothy Charles Holmseth